Monday, April 23, 2018

Manchester United star Paul Pogba can win Ballon d’Or if he listens to Jose Mourinho, insists Ronaldinho

Football news - transfers, fixtures, scores, pictures | The Sun
Manchester United star Paul Pogba can win Ballon d’Or if he listens to Jose Mourinho, insists Ronaldinho

BRAZIL legend Ronaldinho has backed Paul Pogba to win the Ballon d’Or.

The Manchester United midfielder has been under fire this season for his lack of consistency in matches and has seen his future thrown into doubt following a bust-up with Jose Mourinho. 

Ronaldinho believes Paul Pogba has all the attributes to win the Ballon d’OrGetty Images - Getty

But Ronaldinho, who was crowned the world’s greatest player in 2005, believes the £89million Frenchman can go on to match his achievements if he listens to Mourinho.

Speaking to Canal Football Club, he said: “He can win the Ballon d’Or, without a doubt,

“I see Pogba as a friend, I don’t see myself as his idol.

“He is young, talented and he has the ability to play anywhere, he can play in a free role, defensive, as a runner or attacking.

“He has the characteristics of a player who can fill any position, he can make history.

Paul Pogba has struggled at times this season but has shown glimpses of his brilliancePA:Press Association Ronaldinho won the Ballon d’Or in 2005 and thinks Pogba can do the sameReuters

“I think Paul really has a lot to learn from Mourinho, who is one of the best coaches in the world. A coach who has won so many titles should be respected. In my case, it was the opposite.

“He is already in a big club and he has everything needed to make history, whether it is this club or another he has to be where he feels happiest.”

‘HE CAN PLAY BETTER’ Manchester United star Nemanja Matic insists team-mate Paul Pogba needs to ‘take more responsibility’ in Jose Mourinho’s side

Pogba was quizzed on his relationship with the Portuguese gaffer but insists he is at Old Trafford to stay.

The midfielder added: “I do not have a problem with Mourinho. I do not think he has one either.

Ronaldinho insists Pogba must listen to boss Jose Mourinho if he is to succeed at UnitedREUTERS Paul Pogba could be sold in summer so Manchester United can fund spending spreeThe Frenchman insists he will stay at Manchester United this summerAP:Associated Press

“He’s the coach, he’s going to make choices and I, as a player, I accept him. That is all.

“For now I’m at Manchester United. I really only think about the present. Transfers are not in my head.

“You know, if I listened to everyone [on links to Paris Saint-Germain], I would be everywhere. I’m just thinking of the present, the FA Cup final and the World Cup.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment